The “Diamond Blackshirts“ is an exclusive club of Sioux Falls Diamond’s players who’ve taken over 5,000 swings in the hitting cage from October 15th to May 31st. This is the only time period a player can earn a “Diamond Blackshirts“ signifying a player who has dedicated herself to becoming the best hitter she can be.
A player wearing a “Diamond Blackshirts“ will be easily recognized for her accomplishment! Our players will wear their shirts with pride and help motivate her teammates and other players in the club to strive for the same honor!
New Rules for 2011
Rules for tracking swings in the cage:
- The person feeding the machine should be the one who marks the poster for the player. The poster is on the wall in the CORE and is organized by team. This will allow the head coach to track the progress of their players.
- Each bucket holds 50 balls. A player can track how many swings she has taken by the number of buckets she hits. 2 buckets = 100 hits, etc
- No player may record more than 200 swings per day. A minimum 50 of those must be on a Hitting Tee.
- You can record any variation of hits in the cage or on a tee, ie. 100 cage/100 tee or 100 cage/50 tee day.
- Hits in the cage should be written as the date and 50 hits on a tee should be noted as “T’ on the board. Dennis Werner will be checking this on a periodic basis.
- October 15th – May 31st each year is the only time hits are tracked for earning a “Diamond Blackshirts“.
- After a player achieves her Blackshirt she must take 1500 swings every three months to retain her shirt! 500 of those swings must be on a hitting tee.
If you have any questions regarding the “Diamond Blackshirt”, please contact us